The Theatre of the Arts, located in the Modern Languages Building (ML), has an amphitheatre stage which seats approximately 400 people. The department uses the Theatre of the Arts for classes as well as performances.
Directions and Parking Info
The Theatre of the Arts is situated on the sprawling campus of UWaterloo. The University address is 200 University Avenue West.
There are two lots for patrons of the Theatre of the Arts.
Lot C is a pay and display lot for visitors at a cost of $5.00 per day. Payment can be made with credit card or exact change ($1 and $2 coins). This lot is visible from University Avenue West but only accessible from Seagram Drive.
Lot H is a gated lot and only available to visitors on weekends and after 3:45 p.m. on weekdays. The cost is $2 per hour to a maximum of $10. The machine will only take MasterCard or Visa. It will not accept Amex, Tim Hortons Visa or Visa Debit.
Accessible Parking can be found in between the Dana Porter Library and the Modern Languages Building. The cost is $5 coin entry ($1 and $2 coins). This area can be accessed off the ring road. The driveway to the accessible parking spaces is found between the Ira G. Needles Hall building and Biology Building.
Once you are on campus, it is a short walk to the theatre. There are signs to follow as you make your way from the ring road across from H lot.
1. Walk up stairs towards Hagey Hall.
2. Walk around Hagey Hall to the left of the building.
3. Turn right and walk along back of Hagey Hall.
4. Turn left and walk toward Modern Languages.
You will pass Arts Lecture Hall on your right.
5. You will see a large bronse statue of a boar, the famed Porcelina. You have found the theatre.
6. Enter the Modern Languages Building and walk down the hall to the theatre.